In this scintillating episode Chris and Ed shift gears and talk about their own experiences working “in the open”. Chris is very fortunate that everything he does at Mozilla gets open-sourced while Ed talks about his experiences back when he was running Spaz.
Do these things!
- Check out our sponsors WonderNetwork and Grumpy Learning
- Buy stickers at devhell.info/shop
- Follow us on Twitter here
- Rate us on iTunes here
Links and Notes
- Chris' work at Mozilla generally ends up in their Mozilla Services GitHub repo
- When Ed’s employer does open source things, they fall under the Graph Story repo
- Mozilla is using TestPilot to test new features for their browsers
- Opera had a pretty nasty security breach
- Ed mentioned that one of Graph Story’s open source projects is a iOS Neo4J library
- Ed is also getting better at branding — GLOSSY has been renamed HackLafayette despite Chris saying it should be called G-POSSY
- The last ever TrueNorthPHP is coming up fast — November 3-5
- Ed was the lead on Spaz, one of the first 3rd party Twitter clients
- Chris used to get great schadenfreude by reading about all sorts of stupid failed startups over at Fucked Company