YOUR 2016 PHP PODCAST OF THE YEAR from simpleprogrammer.com
Welcome to the very first episode of 2017! We’re back after a nice break for the holidays and ready to get back to being insightful and unfiltered.
In this episode we talked about the concept of “programming as craft” with Chris and Ed having a great discussion about what should follow after the phrase “programmers need to learn empathy.”
Ed also released some music, and is donating all the proceeds to OSMI. Chris was sad that he did not get the opportunity to re-record the vocal tracks from some of Ed’s older material in his own signature vocal style.
Chris also talked (not so briefly) about the new laptop he bought and the security measures he decided to take with it.
Do these things!
- Check out our sponsors WonderNetwork, Grumpy Learning and Open Sourcing Mental Illness
- Buy stickers at devhell.info/shop
- Follow us on Twitter here
- Rate us on iTunes here
Links and Notes
- Kent Beck’s tweet about programmers and empathy
- Ed recommended a book on non-violent communication
- Ed’s music stylings as Dead Agent
- Chris bought a Satechi Slim Type-C Multi-Port Adapter and one of the Apple USB-A-to-C adapters for his YubiKey
- Can Single User Mode get around FileVault?
- Prey can help protect your laptop if it gets stolen
- Chris blogged about his new laptop and setup
- Both Ed and Chris have had great success with recommendations provided by The Wirecutter